Join The Community

Tuesday 21 December 2010

-What's her name ? -Rihanna.

Oh na na, what's my name. So you've probably all heard of this song. You've all wondered why she asks what her name is. Yeah, well we'll be seeing this in a minute.

The first time I listened to this song, I hated it like f*ck ! But for some reason, I kinda like it now -now that it has been overexposed-. But let's also take into account that the first time I listened to it was when I watched the music video, which was all over Youtube. Yeah, you guessed it, I HATE the music video.
If you think about it, the song has nothing special to it. It is basically Rihanna asking what her name is, and Drake rapping with terrible auto-tune. Remember when Jay-Z released his song called "Death Of Auto-Tune" ? Well I think Drake must have missed that.

I then looked at the lyrics, firstly because I didn't know what the hell was happening in the song, and secondly because Drake is mutterring his "rap".

Drake says :
The square root of 69 is 8 something
Cuz I’ve been tryna work it out, oooow
.....
Most of you will already have guessed what the 69 number means (in case you haven't, it's a sex position. Go look it up for more detail ). The square root of 69 is 8 SOMETHING. Can we relate "8 something" to the sex position. I THINK SO ! 8 something = ate something. And if we relate these two things, knowing what the 69 position is, we can conclude that this song is pretty perverse.

In another part, Rihanna "questions" herself whether a boy like him can go downtown with a girl like her : Hey boy I really wanna see if you can go downtown with a girl like me.
.....
Yes, she is talking about him going down on her. These lyrics are getting very sexual. Pretty normal, seen as Rihanna is dressed like a hoe. She reminds me of Christina Aguilera when she performed on X Factor this year.

Enough of the sex... crap, now I don't know what to talk about...

Do you like Rihanna's red hair ? :D

The overexposed reason ? On the radio, all the time. The music video, on TV, all the time. Everyone posting the Youtube video on Facebook. Everyone putting as a status "Oh na na, what's my name?". Bitch, you know your name, so STFU !

0 comments:

Post a Comment